Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Testify

Aloha Kakou:

This morning, I appeared before the Maui County Planning Commission and testified against the proposed bill to amend the county zoning ordinance that proposes to eliminate "stacking" in hotel-zoned districts.

I appeared on behalf of both my employees and the Outrigger Maui Eldorado unit owners. Should this bill become law, all non-hotel use properties (such as the Maui Eldorado) would become nonconforming. I'm sure I don't have to tell you what difficulties this might create for our owners should the property be adversely affected by any kind of disaster. Additionally, this bill would create limits on remodeling units and even on unit usage.

As far as I could tell, I was the only person specifically representing Maui Eldorado owners at the meeting. I have said previously that I view our relationship as that of partners. I felt it was critical that our collective voice be heard on this zoning bill. The next time anyone else asks you what Outrigger has done for you lately, ask them where their rental manager was on this issue.

No comments: